These are some restaurants and mini reviews by some of our readers from the German Goodies Newsletter,
I am working on the page so that will have all the restuarants organized by states.
If you know of another good German Restaurant please email me at; Stephen@kitchenproject.com
When Maine check out RICHARDS , Main St. Brunswick, Maine good German food at reasonable prices.
* Burke's Cafe downtown ("Sour Beef $12.05. Served with Potato Pancakes and Red Cabbage")
* Dimitri's on Frederick Road ("Sour Beef and Dumplings. 'Like Moms Only Better.' A pride to us for our four decades. Tender chunks of marinated beef simmered in gingersnap gravy with potato dumplings. $16.00. Lunch, $8.50")
* Eichenkranz in Highlandtown ("Sauerbraten. Our own secret recipe made from fresh cubed beef, gingersnap gravy and fluffy potato dumplings …… $11.20")
* Josef's (2410 Pleasantville Road, 410-877-7800) in Fallston. I called to ask the price ($17.95) and to make sure sour beef was still on the menu. I said, "You don't have a Web site, do you?" and the person who answered the phone laughed and said, "No, we don't. It's broken."
* Kibby's near St. Agnes Hospital. The Web site just has info about its catering, so I can't quote the menu; but when I called, the person who answered the phone said the sour beef costs $13.60. Call first if you're going just for it, because the sauerbraten had run out yesterday by late afternoon.
* Old Stein Inn in Edgewater. ("Sauerbraten $20. Authentically prepared slices of vinegar marinated lean beef, baked in a rich brown sauce, served with potato dumplings and red cabbage.")
* Parkside Fine Food & Spirits in Lauraville ("Sauerbraten $15.00. The German beef classic with potato dumplings & fresh vegetable of the day.")
* Patrick's in Cockeysville ("Sour Beef & Dumplings $16.50. Tender beef marinated in ginger snap gravy with sweet & sour red cabbage") This is listed under Light Fare! (Currently closed for remodeling.)
* Sanders' Corner near Loch Raven reservoir ("Sour Beef & Dumplings $16.95. Tender chunks of sweet & sour braised beef with homemade potato dumplings, served with a side salad")
* Silver Spring Mining Company , area locations ("Sour Beef & Dumplings. Silver Spring Inn's original recipe of marinated sour beef and hand-rolled potato dumplings in a thick gingersnap gravy. Served with cole slaw 1/2 Order, $9.99, or Full Order, $17.29")
* Sunset in Glen Burnie ("Sour Beef and Dumplings. Tender cubes of beef marinated in choice spices and served with light, fluffy homemade dumplings $17.50")
The Bavarian Chef
Located on Route US 29 in Madison, 18 miles
Wednesday-Saturday 4:30-9:00 PM
Closed Mondays and Tuesdays and December 24th and 25th
Phone: (540) 948-6505
Phone: (540) 948-6505
Dieter "Doc" Homburg recommends this German restaurant. It has a nice German menu plus it has a nice wild game menu as well.
332 Weaverville Hwy. Woodfin/Asheville, NC 28804 ·
My dad was born in Hamburg and says this German restaurant cook like his mother used to cook!
5739 W. Glendale Ave.
Perfect menu and the best beers on tap.
17324 John R. Street
There is a great little restauraunt in our area it called the Dakota Inn and they have great food, . i always get the Jager Schnitzel and a cold Spaten, it's great!
5107 S Sheridan Rd
1 of 2 top restaurants in Tulsa, OK!
Here is the other one...
#2 Siegi's Sausage Factory & Deli,
Beethoven's # 9
110 W. Peoria,
320 East Mason Street
The BEST 6 star German Restaurant we have ever been to is Karl Ratsch's in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
The Black Forest Inn
Today my wife and I went to one of our favorites. I had the
2 Convenient Kingston locations:
Mostly a bakery (best in the Hudson Valley!)
4571 Lake Shore Dr
Pumpernickels Restaurant in Bolton's Landing in Lake George in the
Uwe's German Restaurant
31 Iowa Ave, Colorado Springs - (719) 362-1864
We've been to Uwe's in Colorado Springs and it was very good. Just like my Oma used to make...which is hard to find!
I can vouch for Hallo Berlin which is good.
there is also a little butcher shop in College Point, NY (Queens):
12101 Lancaster Hwy
Owned by Germans in Pineville NC which is near Charlotte, NC actually right next to it. Gitta and Thomas are such lovely, lovely people and make going there a great time. We have been going for years. The food is wonderful. I lived in Germany for 13 years. Their Sunday buffet is excellent. Here is their website. Waldhorn Restaurant , Pineville, NC Untitled Document
Las Vegas, Nevada
Whenever we go to vegas our first and last stop is always to the hofbrauhaus. It is across from the Hard Rock Hotel and casino. I am from Stutgart and the food that they serve is just like Oma used to make. Potato Salad is the same so I always order to go portions to keep at the hotel for my breakfasts!! We highly recommend them! We even fly to Vegas for birthday celebrations there!!!!!!
305 North Zeeb Road at I-94 in Baxter's Plaza
You may wish to check out Metzger's German Restaurant in Ann Arbor , Michigan . They were opened in the 1920's (I believe) and moved to present location in last 7-8 years.
Also there is a fine hotel, Weber's, in Ann Arbor . Their restaurant is finest kind. Mr. Herman Weber, who opened it in the late 1930's is there every day. Very good.
I have eaten at both many times and a trip to Ann Arbor would not be complete without a meal in this special places.
Louisville , Ky.
34 East Ramona Ave.
When we lived in Colorado we loved the food there. Attached is their Gluehwein recipe.
3830 Sun City Center Blvd.
The rouladen I had was very good.
Google "Sebastian's Schnitzelhaus" for website information, and more details. One of the best restaurants in the World according to my cousin who has been to the best restaurants in the World in Europe and U.S. of America.
Look them up and include them in your tour of Deutscher Restaurants. Krystina is the Owner and Pastry Chef. Sebastian has passed on to the other side. He was from Bamberg , Germany ...
William Henry Harris
3401 S Sooner Rd
I love the atmosphere and the food is really good. They also brew their own beer, which is very good, now mind you, I'm not a beer drinker but I did drink their beer and enjoyed it :)
If you know of another good German Restaurant please email me at;
Search for German Restaurants near you...
Enter German restaurants and then your city and state.....
Want to receive our recipe newsletter
E-Mail The Webmaster firstname.lastname@example.org
© 1998-04The Kitchen Project
Last updated June 8, 2010