German Apple Pie
Pre- Heat the oven to 325 degrees F.
1. Work the softened butter into the flour till it is in small pea sized clumps.
2. Add the egg and work the dough into a ball. Do not overwork.
3. Roll out one third of the dough and measure with the sides of a spring form pan.
4. Roll out one of the thirds into a rectangle about 10 inches by 4.
5. Add the apples and raisins or dried cherries, Roll the final third of the dough into a round, and lift it over the rolling pin, and place it on top of the apples.
6. Seal the dough around the dough-sides, making small dimples with your fingertips.
Brush the top with the egg-wash and sprinkle the cinnamon sugar on top.
7. Place on a Sheet pan lined with foil and place in the pre-heated oven.
Bake for 45 min. to 1 hour to make sure the apples are done.
E-Mail The Webmaster firstname.lastname@example.org
© 1998-04The Kitchen Project
Last updated July 17, 2009