Pumpernickel bread dried
1. Break up the bread and cut up the fruit into small bite size pieces and place in a large stainless bowl.
2. Add melted chocolate, and blend in, then add eggs and raisins, cinnamon, vanilla and brandy. Add
3. Test for sweetness. The fruit if very ripe and sweet may be enough all on it’s own. If not add half the sugar. Taste to see if it is your desired sweetness. Add more if desired. I tend to like things less sweet. Add orange and lemon peel if you like.
4. Grease the Kugelhopf pan or a Bundt pan. Add the batter and place in a large pot with a few inches water. Cover pot and simmer for 30 – 40 minutes until 190 degrees or firm or you can insert a toothpick in and it comes out clean.
5. This cake keeps well for several weeks in the fridge.