Raspberry Cheese Strudel
1 1b. box phyllo dough
Leave some raspberries for garnish
2. Rinse the cottage cheese, Press to drain water out. With your hand or rubber scrapper press the cheese through the mesh of the strainer. You could also put this in a food processor.
3. Add the cream cheese, eggs and blend in. Add the sugar, salt and blend. Add the flour and mix in. You can eliminate the flour if you need to, it is mainly to thicken the filling a little more.
5. Roll out the Phyllo Dough on the counter. Cover the dough with a slightly damp towel. Some folks put plastic wrap over the top layer to protect it from the moisture. Brush the top layer with butter.
6. Spread 1-1/2 cup of the filling over the phyllo leaving a 2 inch border on each side. Add some of the raspberries and roll up as shown, You never want to go light always on filling, or it will get soggy and ooze out. Lift up about 6 phyllo sheets Roll the phyllo up.
7. Finish rolling and lift it onto a sheet pan that has been greased or on a silpat. Brush with melted butter. I like to curve the strudels slightly to fit the pan. Bake the Strudel at 350 degrees F. for 20 -25 minutes
We serve this with raspberries and fresh whipped cream and a dash of cinnamon.