1 3 / 4 cups all purpose flour
Dough 2 (Yeast dough for Donuts )
Large pot for deep frying and 4-cups Canila or Vegetable oil
Get oil ready in pan for frying. It will take 10 minutes or so to heat up.
1. Mix All dry ingredients in a bowl.
2. Mix the egg, milk, and sour cream together in a bowl till smooth and then mix in the dry ingredients a little at a time. Let the dough sit for half an hour or overnight.
3. I cut these individually from rolling out a piece of dough , however if you are good you can roll a big triangle and cut a lot of diamonds at once. I just feel I have better control this way. if you want you can use a cookie cutter or a paper template. the dough is about 1/ 8 th inch thick.
The pattern would be similar to this picture.
4. Make a slit in the center, bring one tip to the center, thread and pull through.
5. Pull it all the way through and back. You may have to wiggle it or use adjust everything so it looks proportioned right.
6. If using a yeast dough, let it rise a bit, it will look nice and fluffy.
7. I am using Canola oil. I poured it about 3 inches deep in a large soup pot.
Dust with powdered Sugar.