Dough 1. ( quick dough with baking powder )
1 cup all purpose flour
Large pot for deep frying and 4-cups Canila or Vegetable oil
Dough 2 (Yeast dough )
1. Mix All dry ingredients in a bowl.
2. Mix the egg, milk, and sour cream together in a bowl till smooth and then mix in the dry ingredients a little at a time. Let the dough sit for half an hour or overnight.
3. I cut 1 and 1/2 inc by 4 inch rectangle of dough. You can make them any size. Cut a slit in the center either vertical or horizontal, whatever your fancy is.
4. Bring one end to the center and pull it through. If using a yeast dough, let these rise to get fluffy.
5. Heat the oil to 350 degrees. I use about 3 inches of Canola oil
6. Fry the dough in the deep fat turn over carefully with a metal spatula, tongs or skimmer or something that you can lift them out with.
I didn't powder sugar the bow ties, but you certainly can.
You can also shallow fry these in an inch of oil. If doing large quantites you may need to
These keep well in a tin can and even improve with age.