Small to medium saucepan for oil or a deep fryer
Pre Heat Oven to 325 degrees F
1. Gather the ingredients and measure them out. This way you know you have everything.
2. Add the yogurt, pumpkin, egg, spices, baking powder, and salt
3. Add the vanilla from the vanilla pod
4. Add the flour and mix in.
5. Add the sugar to sweeten. I do this after so you can make it as sweet as you want. add an extra tablespoon of sugar if you want.
6. Heat the oil in a sauce pan and do a test Krapfen to see if your oil is the right heat. Use about 2 tablespoons of batter per Krapfen. Keep them small so the heat can cook to the middle.
7.They take about 2 to 3 minutes to cook. When it cools check to see if it is cooked all the way through. Then Cook the Krapfen till brown and then turn.
8. Krapfen will be about this brown when done. Then remove to a plate or pan with paper towel to absorb theexcess oil.
7. Roll in cinnamon sugar. These make a nice Fasching dessert and can be served with a caramel sauce with sea salt also.