German Potato Wurst Salad
with Beer Dressing
This is a good example of German seasonings.
The addition of onions simmered with beer is such a good way to flavor a roast, or bratwurst.
4 potatoes boiled, peeled and cubed
1 lb Ring Bologna sliced in half circles
2 slices of bacon
1 medium onion chopped 1 / 4 inch dice.
1 cup chopped colored bell pepper.
2 green onions chopped
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1 /4 cup water
1 cup German beer ( any beer will give a distinct flavor )
1. Sauté the bacon and onions till the onions are translucent,
2. Add the beer and reduce down by a half or little more.
3. Mix the vinegar water and sugar.
4. Add to the bacon and onions and simmer.
5. Add to the potatoes.
6. Add the remainder of the ingredients and toss.
7. Let cook for an 2 hours in the fridge.