Fried Potato Balls
This is a German style Potato Croquette, and is a nice change up from mashed or baked potatoes with your meat, chicken or fish dish.
Serves 6 to 8
2 Cups Mashed potatoes,
heat oil carefully to medium hot about 350 degrees in a large soup pot or Dutch Oven
1. Beat the egg, and mix with the potatoes, milk and the bacon and onions if desired.
2. Roll into small balls, and then roll them in bread-crumbs.
3. Cook one in the oil for a test to see if the temperature is right.
4. Cook about 5 or 6 at a time, do not crowd the pot.
5. Remove to a paper towel lined plate and hold in a warm oven while you are cooking the rest.
Serve with a meat, chicken or fish dish for a change from regular mashed potatoes.
Donated by Sylvia Norris
E-Mail The Webmaster email@example.com
© 1998-04The Kitchen Project
Last updated April 7, 2009