Pre heat oven to 350 degrees F
Assemble your ingredients
1. Cream the butter well, add the eggs and blend.
2. Add the sugar and blend well.
3. Add the lemon juice and blend.
4. Add the vanilla and blend, then add the flour and baking powder and mix
5. Peel the apples, slice in half, core and then slice.
6. Butter the pan and sprinkle flour in it to make a non stick surface.
7. I put about 1/2 inch of batter into the pan.
8. Fan the apple slice in your hand and lay into the batter.
9. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes in an 350 degree oven until a toothpick comes out clean.
When it cools a bit take it out of the Springform pan.
Thank you to Heike Kruegar for this recipe.