To make the dough for the cake
1. Put flour into bowl,make a well in the middle, pour in the room temperature milk
2. Add the remaining sugar, salt, egg and lemon rind. Cut the butter into slices and mix into the dough. Knead until smooth.
3. Roll out the dough and fit it onto a greased cookie sheet. Let rise for 20 minutes or until doubled.
Prepare the Topping and Bake the Cake
1. Bring milk and butter to a simmer and add the sugar and nuts and cook till
2. Spread the topping on the dough and bake the cake for 35 minutes.
Prepare filling while the cake is baking.
1. Heat the milk on the stove to a simmer.
2.Cut butter into small chunks and blend into the pudding one at a time.
Fill the Cake
1. Cut the cooled cake into 4 rows and then cut 3 inch pieces.
2. Cut each cake in half and spoon about 2 -3 tablespoons filling onto bottom half, and replace top.
Lay slices on a platter and serve with coffee or tea.
E-Mail The Webmaster email@example.com
© 1998-04The Kitchen Project
Last updated October 2, 2011