500 g (1 lb approx. 3 -4 cups ) Rhubarb
1 /2 cup vanilla sugar to sprinkle on top of the Rhubarb
or mix 1 tablespoon of vanilla extact with 1/2 cup sugar cup vanilla sugar to sprinkle on top of the Rhubarb
150 g ( 6 oz. or 1 cup) Flour
75 g (3 oz. about 2/3 stick) Margarine or Butter
75 g (1 /2 cup) Vanilla sugar, or you can substitute granulated sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 / 4 Cup bread crumbs
(to sprinkle on the bottom of the pan as seen above.)
1 tblsp Butter melted
1 teasp Cinnamon
1. Heat oven to 170 C 325 degrees F
2. Grease the baking sheet, or dish and sprinkle with dry bread crumbs.
3. Combine flour, baking powder, margarine, sugar, and egg; knead until smooth.
4. Pat onto the baking sheet.
5. Wash, and dry rhubarb. Cut in bit-size pieces.Lay on top of dough.Sprinkle with additional sugar.
6. Bake for about 40 minutes.
Enjoy cool with lots of whipped cream - not cool whip!