Plum Kuchen Pizza Style
Basic Coffee Cake Dough
2 eggs, well beaten
1. Pour lukewarm water, yeast, and sugar in mixing bowl.
Grate Lemon zest with a microplane, hand grater or a vegetable peeler and dice fine.
2. Add melted (not hot) butter, warmed milk, salt, lemon peel, and beaten eggs. Mix well.
3. Add flour, 1 cup at a time, mixing well after each cup. Add more flour, if necessary, to make a smooth dough, and turn out onto a floured surface. You can either mix it in a bowl like I showed up above or you can mix it in a mixer.
4. Knead very lightly.
5. Let rise for about 1 hour; punch down and let rest for 10 minutes. Meanwhile prepare apple and custard toppings.
Creamy sauce for the Kuchen Pizza
Streusel (Crumb) Topping
Mix all the ingredients for the Streusel in a stainless bowl and work together till you have small pea size crumbs.
2. Roll out the dough about 8 inches on a lightly floured board to make a crust about 1/4 inch thick (make it very thin as it will rise) I brush the crust with melted butter also.
3. Put a thin layer of the creamy base on and then some of the plum slices but don't over do it.
4. Top with some of the Streusal topping. I brush the edges with a little butter.
5. I slide the kuchen on a hot pizza stone. You can also slide the dough onto a cookie sheet.
6. Bake for about 8-12 minutes till the crust is lightly browned. Then take it out with the pizza peel or 1 or 2 big spatulas.