Celery Root and Apple Salad
with poppy seed, and honey dressing
Sellerie Apfel Salat
prep time: approx 30 minutes
1 /2 Celery root
1. Stand the celery root up and cut the skin off starting at the top
2. Cut the celery root in half from pole to pole.
3. Lay the half down and cut length wise first cutting turning your knife at an angle and cut toward the center point. This will give you nice triangle shaped pieces.
4. Simmer the pieces in the broth for 10 minutes until just lightly cooked.
5. Lift out of the broth into a bowl and cool down with a rinse of water, and place in a mixing bowl.
6. Cut the apple into quarters, core and then turn sideways and make slices. This will be a complimentary shape to the celery root slices, add to the mixing bowl.
7. Cut celery into julienne strips and add to the bowl. One tip is to cut the strips in an angle like you would in Chinese cooking. This way the strings are shorter and easier to chew.
8. Mix all ingredients of the dressing and fold into the salad. Fold in the cranberries and serve.