Spinach Salad with Hot Bacon Dressing
optional garnish :
2. Here I have the bacon and the 0nions chopped up and I mix the vinegar, water and sugar together in a measuring cup.
3. Fry the bacon on medium heat in a skillet till browned. Add the onions and cook stirring for a few minutes till tender.
4. Add the vinegar,water, sugar solution. Simmer for a few minutes and turn off heat.
5. Assemble the garnish before you toss the salad.
6. When ready to serve add the warm bacon dressing into the spinach.
7. Garnish the salad with the tomatoes, carrots, apples and egg wedges. Sometimes I like to add Feta Cheese on top, or even Bleu Cheese Crumbles.