1 tablespoon German mustard
1 can dark beer ( for basting)
3. Place 1/2 of the mix in a container that is large enough fo the 2 tenderloins. Place the 2 pork loins in the dish and then cover with the other half of the mix.
4. Place plastic wrap on top and press the onions into the meat. Use some kind of weight to weigh it down a bit helping the onions and spices get into the meat.
Making a Stuffed Spiessbraten
1.Clean the tenderloins by taking off any excess fat or grissle.
2. While your preparing the tenderloin saute half of the onions and garlic mixture for 2 miutes to just soften it a bit. Otherwise it won't fully cook just on the BBQ.
3, Cut a line down the long way. What your going to do is cut like you would a reverse Cinnamon roll. The Tenderloin is now laying flat like a cutlet.
4. Place the tenderloin into a cut open plastic storage bag and then pound it very thin. It will slide easy between the plastic and less chances of the meat tearing.
5. Here it is pounded a 1/4 inch thick It has almost doubled in size. Salt and Pepper the meat. Sprinkle the onions and garlic on the cutlet leaving a 1/2 inch ledge.Roll the tenderloin up.
6. You can either toothpick the tenderloin shut ot tie it with string. To tie the roast up start with about a yard of cotton string, or jute. Nylon string won't work it will just melt. Here I wrapped one end of the string around and tied it in a knot. This just a bit hard to describe, You bring the string about 2 inches and then put your finger on it to hold it, and with the other hand wrap it around and loop it underneath. don't tie it loop it. When you get to the end just tie it off.
7. Place in a non reactive dish like glass or stainless steel, or in a plastic storage bag making sure there are onions on the bottom and the top and weigh it down with a glass plate or bowl.
8. The next day start the bbq. Spiessbraten is traditionally cooked over coals and beachwood. I used Hickory because it is what I had. Now put the grates on and let's BBQ. Here I cooked the stuffed and unstuffed Speissbratens , and some potato wedges, and in the foil is the onion mixture that was used in the marinade.
9. Cook to an internal temperature of 150 degrees. Yes don't cook it well done! The health department says it is fine now not to cook pork well done, there is no danger.