German Green Bean Soup
1 lb green beans
1/4 cup butter
Salt and more pepper
1. Cook the potatoes till soft but not too soft
Cool and cut into 1/2 inch dice
2.Cut green beans into 1 inch chunks, cook till just barely tender.
shock them in cold water. This will preserve the nice green color. \
3. Saute the onions, ham, herbs and pepper in the butter till onions are tender.
4. Add the flour and cook for 1 minute.
5. Add the milk and bring to a simmer and thicken, add salt.
6. Turn the heat off for a minute, add the cheese if desired and blend in.
7. Add the potato and green bean chunks, stir and add salt and more
Pepper if needed.
E-Mail The Webmaster email@example.com
© 1998 to present The Kitchen Project
Last updated January 20, 2009