Another great Kitchen Project Recipes from a German Grandma Recipe Request German OnlineShop
Join our free German Goodies Newsletter we share recipes and stories of our background
Listen to German Music
Do you want to learn to speak a little German?
Explore your German Heritage
German Green Bean Soup
1 lb green beans
1/4 cup butter
Salt and more pepper
1. Cook the potatoes till soft but not too soft
Cool and cut into 1/2 inch dice
2.Cut green beans into 1 inch chunks, cook till just barely tender.
shock them in cold water. This will preserve the nice green color. \
3. Saute the onions, ham, herbs and pepper in the butter till onions are tender.
4. Add the flour and cook for 1 minute.
5. Add the milk and bring to a simmer and thicken, add salt.
6. Turn the heat off for a minute, add the cheese if desired and blend in.
7. Add the potato and green bean chunks, stir and add salt and more
Pepper if needed.
More Recipes and Links
Do you have a question or comment on this recipe?
make sure you put the recipe name in the subject line
Back to top
E-Mail The Webmaster firstname.lastname@example.org
© 1998- to present The Kitchen Project
Last updated January 20, 2009