Braised Cabbage and Pears
6 slices bacon
1 medium onion
4 cups green cabbage sliced into shreds
4 cups purple cabbage sliced into shreds
2 pears cut into chunks
1 / 2 cup red wine vinegar
1 / 2 cup water
1 / 2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
* Note: You can use all green or all red cabbage if you want.
1. Sauté the bacon, till it sweat some fat add the onions in a Dutch oven or large pot cook until the onions are tender.
2. Add the sliced cabbage and cook for 2 minutes.
3. Add the pear chunks and cook 1 minute. Season with salt
4. Pour in the dressing and simmer for 3 minutes.
You can add as little or as much as you like.