Soft Baked Pretzel
3 ½ C of flour
1.Mix water , yeast, brown sugar and salt in a food processor, or a large mixing bowl. Add flour and mix until dough is smooth. Add more flour if sticky. (If possible let the dough sit overnight in a plastic container in the fridge.)
2. Place a large pot of water on to boil, if a chewy crust is desired. Otherwise skip this part.
3. Shape into an upside down U shape on your table. Bring the right and left ends together and twist them then lay the ends back down to where they were laying, only now the ends are opposite.
4.Flatten the ends with your fingers and bring to the top of the pretzel and press in the dough to secure.
5. Shape it with your hands to make sure it looks like a pretzel.
6. For a chewier crust put 2 Tbl. baking soda mixed with 4 Cups boiling water drop the pretzel in there for about the count of 10 and then lift out with a strainer or pancake turner.
7. Now let the pretzels raise for 30 minutes or till about double in size. Brush with the water-soda solution.
8. Brush with the egg wash, this will give a shiny glaze. to your pretzel.
9. Sprinkle with toppings like
10. Bake in a hot oven 400 to 450 degrees (225 degrees C) for 12 to 15 minutes or until well browned.