Plank BBQ Asian Stuffed Peppers
IPre heat BBQ to 300 degrees with the coals on one side
1. Gather your ingredients for the filling. Chop the jalapeno, onion. I minced the garlic and kept it in a bit of olive oil. I did the same thing with the ginger that I pureed in a food processor.
2. Cook the ground turkey in a skillet. This amount of cooking lacks flavor so I suggest browing the meat.
3. Adding the paprika, salt and pepper aids in browning and flavor.
4.Let's cook the rest of the filling.
5. Add the onions and peppers and cook stirring constantly till the onions are tender.
6. Add the cabbage and cook till it is just wilted.
7. Add the cabbage mix and rice and blend. If you want to leave out the rice that is fine.
8. Clean out the peppers, I left the green whole and split the yellow in half. This is your choice. To make the whole pepper stand up on the plank I cut a small slice off the bottom of the pepper.
9. Divide the filling into the pepper. I used about 4 ounces in the halves and 5 ounces in the whole peppers.
There are a lot of applications for the stuffed peppers. You can serve them with butter lettuce leaves like you would lettuce wraps , or on a bed of rice noodles.