another great  Kitchen Project   |  Recipes from a German GrandmaDiscussion Board



Check out the recipe for Frickadellen...Buletten and Frickadellen are the same... It just depends upon where you're eating them...The term, "Buletten" is used exclusively in Berlin and is "Berlinerisch" for Frickadellen. Berliners are known for their own unique jargon and it is not uncommon for them to have their own words for things, i.e. a small hardroll in Germany is "Broetchen, but in Berlin it is a "Schrippe". Typical "Herz mit Schnauze" for the Berliners...I am probably one of the few people who, when they learned German, learned Berlinerisch first!!! Da kiekste wat!!!

Corliss, Cogan



E-Mail The Webmaster
© 1998-04The Kitchen Project 

Last updated November 3, 2004