Rick Wiedman heard about this idea on an episode of Alton Brown on the food network. You can come close to one of the ceramic smokers that are barrel shaped that cost 300 dollars or more.
Here are pictues of his Flower Pot Smoker "ala Rick" that he wanted to share with the Kitchen Project. THANK YOU RICK!
- One large terracotta pot approx 17 inches in diameter at the top. This is the base of the smoker.
- One circular terracotta pot that fits on top of the base pot
- A Wok with holes or a Grill grate that will fit into the large pot and hold the food, or anything that you can invent that will work.
- Grill thermometer
- Feet for the large terracotta pot so it stands off the ground. (3 2×4's, bricks, decorative pot stands, etc)
- Hot plate for the heat source
- Heavy duty metal tin for wood chips/chunks, or terra cotta saucer