Another great Kitchen Project Recipes from a German Grandma Recipe Request German OnlineShop
Join our free German Goodies Newsletter we share recipes and stories of our background
Listen to German Music
Do you want to learn to speak a little German?
Explore your German Heritage
Fried Potato Balls
This is a German style Potato Croquette, and is a nice change up from mashed or baked potatoes with your meat, chicken or fish dish.
heat oil carefully to medium hot about 350 degrees in a large soup pot or Dutch Oven
1. Beat the egg, and mix with the potatoes, milk and the bacon and onions if desired.
2. Roll into small balls, and then roll them in bread-crumbs.
3. Cook one in the oil for a test to see if the temperature is right.
4. Cook about 5 or 6 at a time, do not crowd the pot.
5. Remove to a paper towel lined plate and hold in a warm oven while you are cooking the rest.
Serve with a meat, chicken or fish dish for a change from regular mashed potatoes.
Donated by Sylvia Norris
German Side Dishes
Back to top
E-Mail The Webmaster firstname.lastname@example.org
© 1998- to present The Kitchen Project
Last updated April 7, 2009